ATLANTA HERE WE COME!!
We are back this weekend with another NASCAR Cup race and luckily this time, I don’t see any rain delay’s in the forecast!! Weather will be cloudy with temps in the low 80’s and only a 10% chance of rain, so we look clear to race!!
Last year’s race featured Kyle Larson leading 142 laps and he started from the 7th position. There were 4 other drivers who led 30-45 laps during the race as well, which means for Atlanta, we need to find the one driver who will be our Dominator and get us points for most laps led and we think we have found THEM….That’s right, I said THEM because I think there are 2 drivers that have very high potential to lead this race and I want them both in my lineups. (Listed below in our picks)
Now let’s get into the basics of the race and then get down to our Core 4 Fantasy Targets!
Race: Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500
Race Time: 3:00 p.m. ET Sunday
Track: Atlanta Motor Speedway; Hampton, Georgia
Length: 325 laps, 500.5 miles
Stages: Stage 1 : Lap 85 / Stage 2 : Lap 85 / Stage 3 : Lap 155
So now let’s go over the DraftKings lineup requirements and also a breakdown of how scoring works, then we will move on to out Top Picks for this race.
To start with, one thing you will notice about our website is we give examples and facts based on DraftKings rules and scoring, this is because we strictly play nothing but DK. Fanduel and other websites are very similar in lineup construction and scoring and our picks and info can work on all platforms.
To start your lineups, you will select 6 drivers while staying under the $50,000 amount given to build.
For scoring we can take a look at the data below:
|Place Differential||+/- 1 Pt|
|Fastest Laps||+0.5 Pts|
|Laps Led||+0.25 Pts|
|Finishing Position Scoring|
- Place Differential = (Starting Position) – (Finishing Position) Example: If a driver starts in 20th position and finishes in 10th place then his Place Differential is +10.
- A driver’s starting position is based on his qualifying position. If a driver’s qualifying position is disallowed, his starting position will be his new spot at the back of the race. If a driver’s starting position changes between qualifying and the start of the race for any other reason (e.g. going to a backup car) the original qualifying position will be used to calculate place differential.
- Points for Finishing Position and Place Differential will be updated in real-time during the race. Drivers will gain points as they move up in position and lose points as they drop in position.
- Finishing Position is defined as the driver’s standing order at the end of the race. Disqualifications related to same-day post-race inspection will not change a driver’s Finishing Position, Laps Led, or Fastest Laps stats.
As you can see, drivers drop 1 point for every spot back from 1st they finish the race. The 3 top things we want to keep in mind when building is, Who will lead the most laps, Who will win and Who will gain the most points by place differential. Your job as a DFS Player is to find the right balance of drivers and our picks below will give you an edge and core to build with.
Annnnddddd NOW! The moment you have been waiting for….
CORE 4 FANTASY TARGETS
- Brad Keselowski *Dominator
- Chase Elliott *Dominator
- Erik Jones
- Chris Buescher *Value
These drivers should be the core of your DFS build. We built a sample lineup on DraftKings and with this core, you are left with $18,700 remaining salary, which is plenty enough for the last 2 spots to fill.
GOOD LUCK AND PLAY SMART!!
Feel free to smash the “Donate” button below!