Short Track Racing in Ridgeway, Virginia!!
We are back to the track with another NASCAR Cup race, but it looks like the Rain God’s may be playing tricks with us again…
Weather tonight at start time calls for 65% chance of Thunderstorms with rain lingering around most of the night, however the chances to go down to around 30% about 8pm, so it looks like things will be a hit or miss and we will just have to see have it all plays out.
Last year’s race featured Martin Truex Jr leading 464 of the total 500 laps and he started from the 3rd position. Denny Hamlin and Kyle Larson were the only other 2 drivers to lead laps and they combined for only 36 laps led, which means for Martinsville, we need to find the one driver who will be our Dominator and get us points for most laps led and we think we have found THEM….That’s right, I said THEM because I think there are 2 drivers that have very high potential to lead this race and I want them both in my lineups. (Listed below in our picks)
Now let’s get into the basics of the race and then get down to our Core 4 Fantasy Targets!
Race: Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500
Race Time: 7:00 p.m. ET Wednesday June 10th
Track: Martinsville Speedway; Ridgeway, Virginia
Length: 500 laps, 263 miles
So now let’s go over the DraftKings lineup requirements and also a breakdown of how scoring works, then we will move on to out Top Picks for this race.
To start with, one thing you will notice about our website is we give examples and facts based on DraftKings rules and scoring, this is because we strictly play nothing but DK. Fanduel and other websites are very similar in lineup construction and scoring and our picks and info can work on all platforms.
To start your lineups, you will select 6 drivers while staying under the $50,000 amount given to build.
For scoring we can take a look at the data below:
|Place Differential||+/- 1 Pt|
|Fastest Laps||+0.5 Pts|
|Laps Led||+0.25 Pts|
|Finishing Position Scoring|
- Place Differential = (Starting Position) – (Finishing Position) Example: If a driver starts in 20th position and finishes in 10th place then his Place Differential is +10.
- A driver’s starting position is based on his qualifying position. If a driver’s qualifying position is disallowed, his starting position will be his new spot at the back of the race. If a driver’s starting position changes between qualifying and the start of the race for any other reason (e.g. going to a backup car) the original qualifying position will be used to calculate place differential.
- Points for Finishing Position and Place Differential will be updated in real-time during the race. Drivers will gain points as they move up in position and lose points as they drop in position.
- Finishing Position is defined as the driver’s standing order at the end of the race. Disqualifications related to same-day post-race inspection will not change a driver’s Finishing Position, Laps Led, or Fastest Laps stats.
As you can see, drivers drop 1 point for every spot back from 1st they finish the race. The 3 top things we want to keep in mind when building is, Who will lead the most laps, Who will win and Who will gain the most points by place differential. Your job as a DFS Player is to find the right balance of drivers and our picks below will give you an edge and core to build with.
Annnnddddd NOW! The moment you have been waiting for….
CORE 4 FANTASY TARGETS
- Martin Truex Jr *Dominator
- Brad Keselowski *Dominator
- Bubba Wallace
- Chris Buescher *Value
These drivers should be the core of your DFS build. We built a sample lineup on DraftKings and with this core, you are left with $16,800 remaining salary, ($8400 per driver) which is plenty enough for the last 2 spots to fill.
GOOD LUCK AND PLAY SMART!!
Feel free to smash the “Donate” button below!!